Baucom & Mina Derm Surgery, LLC
Dr. Baucom and Dr. Mina are dermatological surgeons serving metro Atlanta patients with dermatology surgery centers conveniently located in Sandy Springs and Johns Creek. We have 40 years of combined dermatologic surgery experience and specialize in Mohs surgery and advanced reconstruction for the removal and treatment of skin cancers.
Our surgery center provides Mohs patients with the highest cure rate and minimizes scarring by utilizing special mapping techniques. Our dermatology surgery centers provide the removal of benign lesions in difficult or cosmetically sensitive areas. In addition, we perform a number of cosmetic procedures including tumescent liposuction, blepharoplasty, chemical peels and microneedling, injectable fillers and neuromodulators.
Meet Dr. Baucom
- Has been in practice for more than 25 years and performed over 30,000 Mohs procedures.
- 1996-present: has served as a volunteer Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology at Emory University.
- Mohs fellowship with Dr. John A. Zitelli; Pittsburgh PA.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Dermatology since 1994.
- Fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery since 1995.
Meet Dr. Mina
- Board-certified dermatologist since 2012.
- Extensive training in Mohs surgery and reconstruction during a Procedural Dermatology Fellowship at Emory University.
- Chief Resident and residency training at Harvard Medical School.
- Internship at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York.
- Graduated from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Alpha Omega Alpha honor society recipient.
Mohs surgery is a highly, specialized treatment for the total removal of skin cancer.
Mohs surgery is named in honor of Dr. Frederic Mohs, the physician who developed the technique.
This method differs from all other methods of treating skin cancer by the use of complete microscopic examination of all of the tissues removed surgically as well as our own detailed mapping techniques to allow the surgeon to remove every cancer cell.
Both of our dermatologic surgeons have had extensive training in advanced reconstruction of the skin, including many large and challenging defects that other Mohs surgeons would refer out to Plastic Surgery. The benefits of this include surgical repair with dermatologists who are best trained to close these types of surgical defects, tumor removal and closure on the same day, and no need for general anesthesia. The goal at Baucom & Mina Derm Surgery, LLC is to first and foremost remove your skin cancer, and secondly, to provide a functionally appropriate and cosmetically elegant repair.
Dermal fillers are a popular, safe, and non-surgical way to improve volume and smoothness to your skin for a natural and aesthetically-pleasing result. Drs. Mina and Baucom offer Radiesse Plus, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Defyne, Restylane, Restylane Silk, Autologous Fat Transfer.
Many people say that their eyelids make them look “tired” or that they have dark circles under the eyes. At Baucom & Mina Derm Surgery, LLC, we specialize in a number of approaches to refreshing the eye area with an eyelid surgery known as blepharoplasty.