Dr. Mark Baucom – Fellowship Trained Mohs Surgeon & Board Certified Dermatologist
Dr. Baucom has been a respected Mohs surgeon in the Atlanta area since 1995. He has performed over 30,000 Mohs procedures. Focusing primarily on dermatologic surgery has allowed Dr. Baucom to provide a high level of surgical expertise to his patients.
In addition to skin cancer surgery, Dr. Baucom performs cosmetic procedures including liposuction, fat transfer/grafting, neck lifts, scar revision, chemical peels, fillers, and botulinum toxin.
The office practice and ambulatory surgery center meet the highest standards of certification and inspection, having been accredited by the American Association of Ambulatory Healthcare Centers and certified by Medicare.
Dr. Baucom received additional surgical training during his Mohs fellowship under the guidance of Dr. John Zitelli, a renowned reconstructive surgery expert and former president of the American College of Mohs surgery. Dr. Baucom plays an active role in teaching residents and fellows at Emory, and has volunteered at the Veterans Affairs Hospital for nearly two decades. He has spoken at national and local meetings on advanced reconstructive techniques, cosmetic procedures and minimizing errors in Mohs surgery.
Dr. Baucom serves on the Medical Association of Georgia’s Council on Legislation as the dermatology delegate. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American College of Mohs Surgery, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery and the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. He also is a member of the Georgia Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery and the Atlanta Association of Dermatology.
Dr. Baucom has been married for 27 years to Anne Baucom, M.D., who is an anesthesiologist at Emory/St. Joseph’s Hospital. They have two teenage daughters and three dogs. Dr. Baucom’s free time is spent traveling, running and exercising, and struggling with a German class.
- Has been in practice for more than 20 years and performed close to 30,000 Mohs procedures.
- 1996-present: has served as a volunteer Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology at Emory University.
- Mohs fellowship with Dr. John A. Zitelli; Pittsburgh PA.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Dermatology since 1994.
- Chief Resident and residency training at Emory University Department of Dermatology.
- Transitional Internship at Emory University School of Medicine.
- M.D. diploma from Emory University School of Medicine.
- B.S. in biology, from Emory University, Phi Beta Kappa.